Some people say that I have an obsession with running. I kind of do. I ran a 10K race when I was 30 weeks pregnant with Connor and I started running again 3 weeks after he was born. There is very little that can stop me from running, if I know I am about to get sick I try to squeeze one more run before I get really sick. So, I guess you could say I am obsessed, but I have good reason to be. I have been running for 13 years consistently. I can still remember my first five mile run with my sister and I think it was the first time I felt that runners high and I became addicted. So, people ask, why do you run? How do you have time?
Well, I run for the most obvious reasons first...to stay fit and to not gain weight. I run so I can eat a little bad and not feel guilty, but that isn't the main reason. I run because of how it makes me feel. It is the one time of the day that I am by myself completely. I run in the morning and it is my time to just think. I think about what is going on for that day, what is happening with my life, my children's life, and my husband. I solve my problems when I run, I come up with a plan or ideas when I run. I pray when I run. Some of my best prayers happen when I am running. I run to release stress or get over my angry. I run when I am sad and when I am happy. I run because it just gets me ready to face the day. I run because I love the challenge and I love to push myself more each time. I run so my kids see, not just hear how important it is to be active and take good care of yourself. How do I have time you ask? Well, just like so many other things when it is a priority and when it is such a positive thing for me I make time even if it is at 5:30am.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Why I Run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
although i do not do the 530am thing, i am with you girl! and although M goes with me most of the time, i still have some great praying and praising when we go. i do love the treat of going alone though! so i'm just chiming in to say i love to run too. keep it up.
I hear you! I can't wait to get back to it... just don't know how I'll fit it into the schedule. You'll have to give me some suggestions on that!
Post a Comment