Sunday, April 20, 2008

Colin Update

Kerry is being discharged today from the hospital and her and Nick will be staying at the Ronald McDonald house for at least the next week. They live an hour away from the hospital so to be able to stay close will be very helpful. Here is an update from an email I got from her.

Colin had a good night. They did not have to intubate him... he was able to hold his own oxygen levels with the cpap support. His respirations have slowed down a bit - although he needs to continue to do this. They are hoping that he is starting to produce the surfactant hormone that he was missing on his own. The hope is to continue to keep him at this level of support today before making any other changes. He is still only being fed by a tube that goes into his belly button (isn't that weird)!! I got to hold him again this morning and it was soooooooooo great. I had no idea that my body could make as many tears that have come out of me in the last 24-48 hours, but hopefully those tears will be changing from tears of fear to happiness!


Please continue to pray. Kerry is going to be starting her own blog so when she does I will have a link to it. Thanks!

2 comments:

Katy McGuffey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy McGuffey said...

We will definitely be in prayer for little Colin! It is so hard to see little ones with all the tubes. And I can't even imagine having to deal with all that while just recovering from having a baby. Please tell Kerry that we're praying for her and her family!!!