Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tour De Georgia



Saturday we spent the day at Brasstown Bald to watch one of the toughest stages of the Tour de Georgia. Brasstown Bald is the highest peak in the GA mountains. We had VIP passes so we were able to drive up the mountain and enjoy some food and drink. The view was amazing and the boys had fun getting into all of the excitement. Here they are with their bang bang sticks getting ready to cheer. Just what ever five and three year old needs!

Here we are on the race course right before the riders arrived. It is at a very steep and sharp turn. The road was packed with spectators who were all ringing their cow bells and bang bang sticks. When the riders arrived the place went crazy. Fans running along side the riders yelling at them, touching them. It was crazy! I have never seen anything like it. One of the leaders was Levi Liepheimer who came in third of the Tour de France last year. It was a very cool experience and one that I hope we can do every year with our children. As you can tell in the picture Connor was very into the race! It was a great family day! The boys were exhuasted when we got home and when I went to check on them later on that night Noah was talking in his sleep. As I got closer I heard him saying "You are doing awesome! You are doing awesome!" He was still cheering on the riders!

No comments: