Friday, April 4, 2008
Rain, Rain, Go Away!
Most people enjoy waking up to a rainy day. They get to stay inside and just relax. They might catch up on some housework, paperwork, watch movies, or my favorite snuggle up with a good book. Well, for those parents who have preschoolers or toddlers don't have those thoughts. I know I wake up to a rainy day and think...what are we going to do today. At what time during the day will they all turn on me and complete chaos will break out. My mind starts to plan out the day. I also start praying for patience and joy as I find ways for all us to have some fun. Forget snuggling up to a good book, that only happens at 10pm at night once everyone is asleep and the house is back in order and at that point I can't keep my eyes open. So, today was one of those days. We have made it this far and I think what has gotten me through is that I am actually going out with my husband alone tonight. So, after sneaking a run in this morning (yes in the rain, but if I don't run you won't want to be around me), we went to gymnastics, grocery store (let me say we went to Wal-mart Super Center, never any fun), and then it was back to the house.

I told them to take a rest and this is what I walked into! At least I had some quiet time folding laundry!
It stopped raining so we went out for some exercise!
Did I mention that Connor isn't feeling well so he has been very fussy, clinging, and not sleeping well!
Next was craft time. So, right now they are climbing on top of me and getting a serious case of the sillys. Connor just passed some gas and they laughed for about three minutes straight. Oh the joy of having boys. Well, I need to go because I think that moment that I wondered when they were going to turn on me is about to start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SO great! I'm glad I have your insights to read before I'm in your shoes :)
Post a Comment