Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On the Road to Recovery

Chris' surgery was this morning and everything went great. He feels great and was up and walking around this evening. The day started early, but Chris and I had fun in the pre-op room. It was almost like a date we had no children with us and we could actually talk without one of them interrupting. How sad is that! One of us had to have surgery in order to get some time alone. After about 3 hours of surgery I spoke to the doctor and he said everything went really well. Once I got to see him in the recovery room where he was a little out of it, but could still make jokes I went home to get the boys. I brought the boys back to the hospital and we only stayed for a little while, but they were happy to see him.
Oh, I forgot to mention that last night our cat got into a fight and can only walk on three legs. Great! Just what we need in all of this is to find time to bring him to the vet. Oh the joys!

Chris will be discharged tomorrow and hopefully he will be back on his bike soon! Once he is able to ride again, watch out because he will be on a mission to get in the best shape of his life.

No comments: