First stop was Chris' choice, Starbucks, where we all got a special morning treat. Second stop Owen's choice, a playground where everyone had a great time swinging.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
A New Family Vacation Tradition
Family traditions are very important to me. I grew up in a family where we had several of them and I wanted to create that same environment for my family. Over the years we have created some and the best traditions are ones that you don't even plan. Well, today was one of those days. Noah came into our room this morning and said "Good morning Daddy!" Chris replied half asleep "Happy Birthday Noah!" This made Noah and Owen laugh and all of a sudden we were all saying Happy Birthday to each other. This then turned into us deciding it was our family birthday and we are going to celebrate. Each family member could decide one thing they wanted to do special on our family birthday. Here is what we did!


Third stop was Noah's choice, back to the lighthouse. Forth stop was my choice, South Beach Marina.
The final stop was Connor's choice. He just happened to choose mommy's favorite spot for lunch. He is just so thoughtful! After a morning of fun we spent the afternoon at the pool again and then it was time for our family birthday dinner. Homemade pizza! I was having some issues getting the dough to work and then I realized I bought pasta sauce instead of pizza sauce. I didn't think the boys would notice. We sat down for dinner Owen took one bite and said "Mommy why does it taste like pasta?" Thanks Owen!
After dinner we ended the family birthday celebration just like any other birthday celebration. Our own birthday cake and of course birthday hats!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you are out of control and officially a dork!!! I love it!
I think this is awesome! What a great idea.
Post a Comment