Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A New World for Me!


Today was kindergarten round-up! Noah and I went to his school where he was able to go into a kindergarten classroom and participate with the students and see what it is going to be like next year. We then got to go to the cafeteria and get lunch. When we woke up this morning I could tell that Noah was a little nervous about going. He wasn't sure he really wanted to go, but as time got closer he got more excited and I got more nervous. I couldn't figure out why I was nervous. We walked into school got his lunch ticket and sat in the cafeteria waiting to go into a classroom. Sitting in the cafeteria I realized that not only was Noah entering into a new world so was I. Everyone seemed to know each other, their kids knew each other. They went to the same preschool or lived in the same neighborhood or already had kids in the school. I felt really out of place and I think Noah did also. I have never seen him so shy and unsure before. We went into the classroom where he worked with a very sweet boy who told him all about how much fun kindergarten is and he started to get more and more comfortable. I wasn't though. I watched Noah and realized this is really going to happen and it is going to happen soon! How can he be going to kindergarten? Noah has always been with me! I have always known what happens in his day and I am no longer to know that. I am not going to be told he is having a off day or that he is having friend problems. I won't be just there when he needs me!! I know that it is going to be great for him and for me, but it still makes me sad and nervous at the same time. As a parent I know I can't protect him all the time, but as a parent I want to be able to protect all the time. Noah will love kindergarten and do great! I will be ok also and next year at this time when I am doing the same thing with Owen maybe I will feel more part of this whole new community ! Three more months until Noah and I enter together a whole new world! Who do you think will cry more on the first day?

No comments: