We are really loving our new home and neighborhood. Everything is falling into place. The last transition we needed to make is the start of their new school. We didn't have much time to think about it as our week has been so busy, I think it was better that way. So yesterday morning everyone woke up a little nervous and excited. School starts a little earlier here so we had to leave at 7:05 to get over to school so I could walk them to their classrooms. Connor was the least nervous and we dropped him off first. He walked right in with no hesitation. Next was Owen and you could tell he was nervous. I am always the most worried about him since he is so shy and won't put himself out there to make friends. I could tell that he was not sure how it was going to go. Last was Noah, he was so nervous! We ran into Mr. Dillon the special ed teacher on the way and he walked with us which helped. As I go to say goodbye he turns to me and gives me a huge hug. At that point I was having a hard time holding it together. I turned to Mr. Dillon and tried to talk but I knew I would just start crying so I left quickly. I got home and of course started to cry when I saw Chris. I felt so bad for them as I knew how nervous they were and how they really didn't know what their day would look like. They were coming home on the bus and I was anxious to see how their day went. As they got off the bus they were all smiles! They all said they had a great day! It was so good to hear. To celebrate we meet Rachel and her kids for ice cream. Happy First Day of School Again!

No comments:
Post a Comment