Monday, December 9, 2013

Birthday Brownies/Cookies

Since Connor started his new school the day after his birthday I planned on going into his classroom the end of the first week to do his birthday celebration. I made homemade brownies and headed into his classroom on Friday afternoon. I was greeted with a huge hug from Connor and lots of excitement from his classmates. The teacher looks at what I bought and said "Did you make those?" "Yes!" I responded proudly. "Oh no!" she said quietly. "Umm...what is wrong?" I asked. "Well, you are not allowed to bring in homemade goodies into school." she said. What!?! I have never heard of such a thing. Isn't homemade better than chemical filled cupcakes? Apparently they are afraid we are going to poison them or something. So there was this awkward moment of what am I going to do. She then asked if I read the handbook since it was in there. Nope, hadn't gotten around to that yet! Anyways, I ended up explaining it to Connor who took it like a champ and came back today with my store bought stupid Publix cookies! Oh well! Connor was still excited about me coming. 

1 comment:

Dad and Nan said...

Kristin, you make me laugh! At least you're allowed food. Em's school we are not allowed ANY food at ANY time for ANY party. Needless to say, if kids celebrate their birthday with the class, you can belive Emily has a drawer full of pencils as birthday hand-outs since there's no food allowed!