Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Busyness

So, the stomach bug hit our house last weekend! I went down first and then slowly everyone else followed. Fun times! Let me tell you it really puts a damper on getting things ready for Christmas. I had plans on doing a ton of Christmas baking, but here I am a couple days away from Christmas with very little time left. The kids are officially off of school and my parents arrive tomorrow! Where has this past month gone? I feel like things have been so crazy and I am having the typical mommy guilt of not doing enough "Christmas" stuff done. I then realize that my boys really don't care. I was trying to hard and they were perfectly happy with our usual traditions. They didn't need all this other stuff that Pinterest tells us to do to make things so magical. I also realized I have done lots of stuff already so stop feeling guilty and just enjoy! 

 Here is Kyle on our snowman night. Always a big hit and so simple! 
This was the week of Christmas parties at school. Noah and Owen's parties were not very fun (doesn't that make me sound like a terrible mom), but really there is no point for parents to attend those parties. We just stand around watching the kids eat. Connor's party was lots of fun thought. Gingerbread house decorating, which is not my specialty, but I think we did a pretty good job. When Noah found out I was going into the party instead of Chris he told Connor he felt sorry for him because Dad is so much better at decorating than Mom. Connor though told me after we were done that he thought I did a great job. Thanks buddy!

No comments: