Haven't seen Kerry for two years which is way too long! I was so excited to spend some time at her house and without husbands. It is so fun to watch our kids interact and they all got along so great. I love our friendship and how close we are still even though we hardly see each other. We kept super busy and I have to say I think we are pretty cool moms! The first day we arrived we just hung out and swam in their pool, then after dinner we headed to the famous Martha's for some ice cream.
The next morning Kerry and I snuck out early for a nine mile run where we had a chance to really catch up while doing what we both love. Afterwards Kerry suggested we take a "short" hike. She said it was one mile up so we thought that would be perfect. Well.....it wasn't one mile up at all! It was closer to two and it was straight up and it was very slippery from all the rain. It wouldn't of been a big deal if Kyle could of walked, but instead he was on my back in the backpack. Boy is that kid heavy! There were several times that I didn't think I was going to make it, but we did! So 3 1/2 hours later we completed our "short" hike and my legs were so tired! It still was so fun!
We made it!!
Well deserved snack! The next day we took on bike riding with all the kids through downtown Lake George. That was a lot easier than hiking.

It was a short visit, but so much fun! Thank you Kerry for having my crazy crew. Can't wait for our next visit. Next stop the farm!






No comments:
Post a Comment