It has been four years since we were up at the lake and of how I missed this place. I was so excited for my boys to be back at the lake and I was hoping they were going to love it as much as I do. Mima and Papa also joined us which was great for me and of course the boys loved having them there. From the minute we got there the boys were in heaven. They pretty much stayed outside the whole time and couldn't get enough of the lake. I had hopes of doing some hikes, but everyone was content just being on the boat, swimming, kayaking and catching as many toads as they could. We didn't have the best weather as it was unusually warm and overcast a lot of the time but that didn't take away from the beauty of the Adirondacks.
The hammock was a favorite place for all of the boys.
Even Kyle went tubing and he kept on yelling for us to go faster!
Some of the best soft serve ice cream!
Fishing with Papa one morning.
Walking around Lake Placid one of my favorite towns.
Kayaking with the boys was so fun and they all really caught on quickly.
Kyle wouldn't jump off the boat until the last time we were out on the boat. We were all jumping off and swimming and all of a sudden he just walked to the edge of the boat and jumped right in! He loved it and kept on jumping off.
Donunts and the Wildlife Center
Mima and Papa left on Monday and we stayed until Tuesday. On Monday my three aunts came to visit and spent the night. It was so much fun to see them and catch up. The boys loved being around them and had fun swimming and playing games with them also. They told me that "the aunts" were so fun!I am so glad we got to spend some time with Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop! Thanks for putting up with us! After we left on Tuesday we headed to Kerry's but made a couple stops on the way.
I took them to Buttermilk Falls where I used to slide down as a kid. Well, there has been so much rain this summer that there was no way possible you could of slide down. Next stop was The Hedges! It was great to visit and share some stories with the kids about growing up at The Hedges.
Ring toss which by the way I got it on within my first two tries which impressed my children : ).
So much fun! Next stop Kerry's!

No comments:
Post a Comment