Monday, March 18, 2013
Mother/Son Event
This year I was asked to help with the Mother/Son Event at our church. It was called a Magical Journey and there was a magic show and then a room field with everything a boys would like; video games, candy station and lego building. I was in charge of the mission project which we ended supporting a local mission here in Marietta called Project Mail Call. It helps supply the basic needs to military deployed oversees. So we collected supplies and also sent hand written letters to soldiers that the mother and sons wrote the night of the event. I had planned on going with all three of my older boys, but Connor and Owen both ended up having baseball that night so it was a nice excuse to get to spend some one on one time with Noah. We went to dinner together before where is opened the doors for me and even pulled out my seat. I was shocked when he pulled out my seat and I asked him how he knew to do this and he replied "Mom, I do listen to you sometimes!" Glad to know some of the stuff I am trying to teach they are actually hearing! I don't know if all the stuff they had to do was what Noah would of liked to do because he isn't into video games and the two of us are pretty much the worst lego builders out there. Either way we had fun eating candy, writing some letters to the soldiers and just being together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment