You can't be double digits this year! I think 10 is a big deal. You also think 10 is a big deal. I was kind of emotional about you turning 10 this year. I can't believe I have been a mom for 10 years! I can't believe how quickly it is going and how much you are growing and changing. You got all emotional one day about turning 10 and you told me that half your life it over! You then said how you only have 8 more years left of coming home from school to me and how sad that made you. I first corrected you that half your life isn't over especially since half my life isn't over. I then told you I would be lucky if you are still excited to see me after school in two more years. I told you that soon you won't like me to much and when you are 18 you will be so ready to get away from me. You really couldn't fathom this which is why I love you so much. You are still so passionate about your family and spending time with us and I pray that I was wrong and you will continue that through the next 8 years you are living with us. You have started to mature over the past couple of months. You are starting to take responsibility for your actions and you are working really hard in school. I see you trying really hard each day and you are quick to apologize when you do mess up. You know right from wrong and you are very careful about what and who you get involved with. I love this quality about you. You are not easily convinced to give into peer pressure. I pray that this continues as it will get harder and harder to stay strong. You are still so crazy abut sports, but this year it is all about basketball. You can't seem to get enough. You play all day, every day. I think this might be your sport! Noah, Daddy and I love you so very much and we don't always parent the right way and we mess up all the time, but please know that we think you are an incredible kid with an incredible futures. We are so proud to be your parents! Happy Birthday! Love, Mom
This year's cake looked pretty great if I do say so! Thank you Pintrest! We celebrated with The Holcomb's and Noah's other half Will on Sunday. At dinner time we all went around and shared our favorite Noah story. It was pretty funny to share our stories.
Today we did the usual balloons and pancakes in the morning. I pulled him out of school at lunch time and we went out for lunch and then did cupcakes at the end of the school day in his classroom. Tonight we had dinner and more cake. Chris then took him to Dick's to use his gift cards for new basketball shoes. He is happy! On April 5th Chris, Noah, Owen, Connor and Noah's two friends Will and Nick are heading to a Braves game. FUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment