
Dear Owen, You are seven today! I was looking back on some pictures of you just two years ago and even last year and I can't believe how much bigger you have gotten. I don't really realize it until I see those pictures. Not only have you become physically bigger, but you are becoming such a great boy. You are still our sweet Owen who always puts others needs and wants before your own. You care deeply for your brothers and will do anything for them to make them happy. You still have a great imagination and still love to create and build, especially with legos. You have developed such a love for reading and have become an excellent reader. This year I think has been a tougher year for you. You are struggling to figure out what you love and not just what your brother loves. You quickly learned how to ride a bike without training wheels this past year and become a very confident rider. You love to take your bike out and ride all over. You have started tennis and you are loving it! I think you are enjoying finding your own thing that separates you from Noah. I am amazed by your confidence at such an early age. You will confront someone who isn't being nice and you will stay away from things you know are not appropriate. The other day I asked you if you wanted me to take your necklace off that you made in Sunday school. You told me no because it gave you the chance to tell others about Jesus. I love this about you. Your also the one that knows when I am getting a little overwhelmed and you will kick it into high gear and do whatever you need to do to help me out. On the other side I know that you are perfectionist and tend to get very serious in school. This concerns me because I see how upset you get when you do mess up. Know that I still love you and you are still an amazing boy even if you do make mistakes and don't do everything perfect. Also, know that I am always here to listen as you tend to hide your feelings and not let us know what is really going on. Daddy and I love you so very much! Happy 7th Birthday!! Love, Mom

Birthday balloons and birthday pancakes before school.

A mountain bike from Mom and Dad! Can't believe you are big enough for a bike with gears and hand brakes only!

Dad giving you some pointers before your first time out.

Total pro! You will hit the trails with Dad this weekend.

We ended the day with ice cream from Brusters. This past weekend we celebrated with a cake with the Holcombs (post later on that) and then next weekend you will have a sleepover with some of your friends!
1 comment:
Great post! Happy Birthday Owen!
Post a Comment