Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Owen turns Five!

Owen is five today! In a way I can't believe it and on the other hand I feel like he has been five for awhile. Maybe it is because he started kindergarten two weeks ago or maybe it is because he is always around his older brother and older kids that he just seemed older to me. Anyway, we are excited to celebrate Owen today! This kid is the best! He makes us laugh everyday and I mean really laugh. He already has this great sense of humor and some great timing. His personality reminds me a lot of Chris. He is extremely caring and loves taking care of Connor. He is a great big brother and little brother. He is always make sure everyone is ok and thinking of others. I tell people that he is the kid I don't have to worry about, but that is the reason we need to make a point of spending extra time with him. I have really missed him since he started school, but he loves school and is doing great. I am having a hard time putting into words right now the kind of kid Owen is. I think it is because if you know him you know what I am talking about when I tell you that he is just a special kid. He is his own little person who loves to be around people, but after awhile he needs his own space and time to himself. He is very sensitive and hates it when I am upset with him or disappointed. He puts 100% effort into anything he does. Even though he is growing up he still loves to cuddle with us and want us to carry him upstairs to bed everynight. He also can fall asleep anywhere still if he is tired. I love watching him grow up and change each year. We are so proud of him! Happy Birthday Owen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, true on all that you said about Owen. He has such a neat personality. And he is so funny! Gotta love the kid!
Happy Birthday Owen!

Anonymous said...

Owen - HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! Grammie and Grampie want to wish you a very happy day. We are so very proud of you and your accomplishments. The one thing that especially stands out in you is the way you take care of Connor. You are such a loving and caring brother to both Noah and Connor. Wish we were there to celebrate your special day. Will see you very soon. LOVE YOU