Saturday, August 29, 2009

Owen's Birthday Celebration

Being the middle child is hard! I would know since I am one! (Please no comments from Rachel and David on this subject! ) Anyway, I have a special place in my heart for Owen when things don't go well, and his birthday celebration didn't go well at first, but it ended well! Last Saturday we met Rachel, Brady, and Bray at a restaurant close to the Gwinnett Braves stadium, their our minor league team here. We sat and enjoyed dinner and Owen was getting excited about heading to the game. This is what he choose to do and he choose who he wanted to do it with. We hoped in the car and drove to the stadium and was hit with a lot of traffic and then a flashing sign saying, "TONIGHT'S GAME IS SOLD OUT!" WHAT!!!! My stomach started to hurt immediately. I wanted to cry! I rolled down the window and asked a parking guy, "Are the lawn seats sold out?" YES! The last time Chris went half the stadium wasn't full. So, I turned around and told Owen and he started to cry. I climbed into the back row of the mini van and tried to make him feel better and I felt sick about it. This was what he wanted to do on his birthday! We got him feeling better and Noah had him laughing by the time we pulled into the driveway. We got home and found out they had a game Monday night so we bought our tickets and headed back up to the stadium on Monday night. It was a great stadium and the boys had a blast. Here are the pictures from our night. It was Chick-fil-a night at the field and Noah and Owen both won a free chicken sandwich.
For Owen's birthday he really wanted a shirt like his brother with his name on the back. We got one at the game and he choose to have number 7 put on it. When we got it and he put it on he was so excited and proud.
No baseball game is complete without some dippin dots! It was a successful night!

The other thing that went wrong on Owen's birthday is that the balloon made a mistake. The balloon fairy was very busy the day before his birthday and had to get the balloons early in the day. So, when the balloon fairy placed the balloons in the room that night she noticed they didn't look too good, but it was VERY late and couldn't get anymore. Owen woke up to his balloons on the floor. He told me he was disappointed in her, so I told him I would talk to her. She pulled through and delivered new balloons by the time he got off the bus that day.
His baseball cake that he wanted, well he wanted one from Cold Stone Creamery, but they didn't make it at the one by us so we got one at Publix. Luckily he didn't care.
It turned out to be a good celebration and Owen has one of the best attitudes about things which helps out! For example on top of all these little bumps we went to go get his birthday present that Noah wanted to get him from Toys R Us and when we went to pay and I went to grab my wallet I realized I left it at home. We didn't have time to come back that day so we had to return on another day. He told me that it was ok, but when we went to go back and get the present he said "Mom, you are sure you have your wallet!" On another note, Connor has discovered he likes cake now!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like Owen had a good birthday!