Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School

Today was Noah and Owen's first day of school. Owen was heading to kindergarten and he was VERY nervous, but woke up this morning ready and excited. This was quite a change from Saturday when I said "Owen, two more days till school" and he replied "Mom, that is crazy talk!". He then woke up early this morning and climbed into bed with me and started to ask me questions about school, but there were no tears or nerves this morning. Noah was excited about getting back to school an to have Owen with him. Last night we had our second annual back to school cake party. Chris decorated the cake this year. This is also when I give them a new shirt to wear on the first day of school. Eating some french toast before heading out to the bus.
Heading to the bus stop where Noah encouraged his brother the whole time. There is such a special bond between these brothers. Above is the bus stop gang and finally they get on the bus for the day. They kissed me goodbye and waved. After they were gone I cried! My kids are getting bigger! It was weird not having them here today and I got emotional a couple different times today. Bottom line is that I really missed them. It is just Connor and I, a whole new world for the both of us! Can you imagine what a mess I will be when he goes off to school! Well, they got off the bus and I drilled them with questions. I got some answers and bit and pieces of their day, Owen had some bumps in the road, but they were both happy and ready to go back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dad and Nan said...

We are happy their day went so well. Can we borrow Noah and his encouragement on Aug. 27th for Emily? We're going to need a miracle here! :)