Owen had one last project due today (have I ever mentioned how much I hate projects). He had to write a speech and dress up like someone famous that they had studied. He decided to be Juan Ponce DeLeon. He knew all about him and it didn't take long for him to write his speech, but once I looked up this guy I was a little worried about the whole costume thing. My favorite thing about projects is when the teachers says things like "just use things you have around the house". Yes, don't we all have a Juan Ponce DeLeon costume at home! Anyway, because I am not super creative and procrastinated to ordered the armor, but luckily that Duck Dynasty beard from Halloween came in handy. I thought he looked pretty good considering I am not creative and Chris was out of town. This morning the 4th graders were all in the cafeteria and stood there like they were wax images and other students from different grades and parents would come and press their button and they would deliver their speech. It was super cute and Owen did a great job.


Owen enjoyed all the attention from the neighborhood girls!
Connor was one of the classes that came through and he kept on coming over with his friends and making him repeat his speech.
No comments:
Post a Comment