Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Today was pretty low key, just like I like it to be as I feel there is so many expectations put on this day. Mother's Day is one of those days that you feel like you should do something big or different and everyone asks how you are going to spend your day. I learned awhile ago that the bigger the expectations the bigger the disappointment. Instead I just want the day to be a low key day hanging out with my family. The boys are old enough to know that they need to be on their best behavior and they try their best :)! I went to work in the morning and when I picked up Connor from Sunday school he had made this picture and it probably was the best part of my day. We don't have either one of these things so I am not sure what mom he is talking about and it made me laugh so hard.
When I got home from church I was greeted with a clean house and little notes around the house about why they love me. We then headed to the pool for awhile and then out to dinner.

We ate dinner at a build your own burger place which was super yummy. I  have to say I am a pretty lucky girl to be surrounded by such chaos, but lots of fun and super cute boys who love me! 

No comments: