Friday, May 23, 2014

Last Day of School and 5th Grade Graduation

Last day of school! I can 't believe that another year of school is done! It has been kind of a crazy year. We started school at one school and ended at another. We are making another change for next year, but that is another post for later. Today was emotional for me for a couple of reasons,  Connor finished his first year of school which is still crazy to me and Noah was finishing his last day of elementary school! I can't handle all this getting older thing!  It was a busy day as we had the 5th grade graduation ceremony. As you now know I usually get emotional on the first and last day of school every year. This year was especially emotional for me! 

The picture above cracks me up as Kyle is not sure what exactly is going on or what he is suppose to do. He finally catches on. So excited for summer, no schedule, no rushing!
The graduation ceremony was held at Lanier Technical College and it was a really nice ceremony. They had their 5th grade pictures scrolling as you walked in and two different slide shows during the program. The principal spoke and did a great job. Since we just started at the school I was not nearly as emotional during the ceremony as I would of been if we were still at Mtn. View where I felt very connected to the school, teachers, parents and kids. This kind of made me sad as I watched the videos and felt so disconnected. 
The music started and they all started to walk in and that is when I got emotional thinking about my first born heading into his middle school years! It kind of freaks me out for so many different reasons.
Last night Chris told the story of his 5th graduation and how he walked into a pole while looking for his parents. So as Noah is walking by us he choosing that moment to make fun of Chris and he pretends he walks into a pole. It was quite witty.

Super proud of all his hard work. School is hard for Noah and he has overcome a lot through his elementary years. Despite all the ups and downs he never gave up! 

After graduation they had a huge fair for the whole 5th grade and then they walked the halls at the end of the day and all the other students stood in the halls clapping for them. I put together the poster below of Noah's first day of school from Kindergarten through 5th grade. We have decided he doesn't look that much different, just taller!
Also today Owen and Connor decided they wanted me to come and eat lunch with them. I was kind of surprised since it would be the last day of being with their friends, but I guess they feel the same way I did about the school, not very connected.
Below is Kyle and I getting ready to greet the boys off the bus with our water guns. Of course they were expected this, but they weren't expecting what happened next.


After they got off the bus the boys wanted to know where Chris was and I told them at work. They weren't buying it and told the neighbors that Chris was about to do something to them, but when we got to the house and nothing happened they started to believe he really wasn't there. I had them stand in front on the sign to get their picture taken and then I told them to move over the center for a better picture. 
If you look closing in the picture below you can see Chris up in the window. As I was about to take their picture Chris poured a huge bucket of water all over them. They were shocked and it was perfect. My camera decided to not work then and I missed out on a awesome picture! 
Yay for summer! I can't believe that I have a 6th, 5th and 1st grader! 

No comments: