Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mom, What Are We Doing?

I am so ready for school to be out! Everyday it is a little harder to get up and every night it is a little harder to get them to bed on time. Today Noah was on his 5th grade all day field trip. He left at 6:45am this morning and got home at 7pm. He had a blast exploring Atlanta and it made me realize just how big he is getting. I got all emotional as the bused rolled in tonight to drop them off. There are certain moments that is hits me just how fast my kids are growing up. I just got completely off topic, but it explains why Noah isn't in these pictures. At about 1:00 today I showed up at their elementary school and asked to check out Owen and Connor. They came to the front to meet me and had a puzzled look on their faces. "Mom, what are we doing? Why are you here?" I smiled and said "You have an appointment I need to get you to." (Yes, I might of been telling a little white lie, but there were teachers right there.) We walked out of the school got into the car and again they said "Mom, what appointment?" "It's an appointment to go check out and explore a new park." I replied. They just started to laugh and couldn't believe that I just pulled them out of school to go play at a park, but I did! It was a great little park with some very cool trails. They all had a blast and we will definitely be going back to visit again. I think it was completely worth leaving school early!


No comments: