Friday, January 6, 2012

Is Vacation Over Yet?

Nothing like going from the last post of 2011 being all content and loving our down time to the first week in 2012 craving our schedule again! Our school schedule this year is all weird and for some reason we don't go back to school until January 10th. So that means after all the holiday excitement we still have 10 days of vacation. What to do? How to spend those after the Christmas hype has died down? We have spent the last week with one or more of my kids battling some weird never ending stomach bug that comes and go, which means we really can't do much, but at the same time we are all pretty bored! Add to that a VERY CRANKY 16 months old and more laundry from sick kids than you know what to do with and you get a VERY CRANKY Mom! I am trying and we have done some fun things, but I think I am failing this week as a fun mom. I am feeling very overwhelmed this week trying to balance doing fun things with the older ones and dealing with a cranky toddler. Also, we are out of the holiday spirit and just ready to get on to a normal routine. So 4 more days! Hopefully we can make the best of it because in a couple of weeks I will be ready for a break from our schedule! If we have this week off again next year I have learned my lesson and we need to plan a trip! 4 MORE DAYS!!

No comments: