"God gives children to families for his glory. The goal of biblical parenting is NOT to help your children get a great education, be a great athlete, go on great dates, have a great career or make great money. The goal of biblical parenting is to help your children love a great God."
I can't stop thinking about this quote and how quickly we as parents can put more time and energy into all of the less important stuff that the world tells us is most important in order to have success in this world. The less important stuff is not necessary bad things, but it isn't the ultimate goal. I pray that Chris and I can keep the goal of teaching our children to love a great God when we are making decisions for them and our family. We have been given four amazing children and Chris and I want to make sure we honor God in raising them. I read this verse the other day while doing my quiet time and I decided it would be my theme verse for the year.
Romans 12:2 NLT
"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."
2 comments:
This is awesome and inspiring! Thanks for sharing!!!
Great comment. I'm reading "Boys Adrift," recommended by a friend. It is a good book.
Post a Comment