We had two Christmas programs this past week. Wednesday night was our church choir concert and Thursday was Connor's preschool program. Connor had a short Happy Birthday Jesus program and the boys had a more elaborate show. They had to wear their Christmas best, which is hard to do around here because we never buy nice clothes or "dress up" clothes because they never need them. The two older boys are wearing the same sweaters they have worn for the past two years! Oh well, they still fit and we did splurge and actually get them nice shoes (ok, target shoes), but they weren't sneakers! They all did well and actually really enjoy it. Noah is so focused the whole time. Owen had this kid next to him that obviously didn't want to be there and kept on poking him and just kept on touching him. Owen kept on trying to move away from him. It was funny to watch to Owen trying to staying focused but at the same time completely annoyed by this kid. Connor's program was short and sweet and I don't think he really even sung.
Thursday night was Connor's school program. I got a notice about two weeks ago saying that he needed to dressed as a manger animal. Great! I think once you become a Mom there is some unwritten code that you must be creative and of course try to do every other mother up. Well, I am not creative and hate stuff like this I even tried to convince Connor he didn't want to sing so I didn't have to deal with the whole costume thing. (Yes, mother of the year!) I finally got to work and made it simple. I used a gray hooded sweatshirt that had a logo on front, but we cut up an old t-shirt of Chris' to safety pin over the logo. I cut out spots from peel and stick felt and thought I did a pretty good job. I showed Connor the next day and said "Look! You're a cow!" He said " I want to be a horse!" I said "Look, you are a horse!" He seemed good with it. The only problem was I hadn't figured out the ears yet. I kind of last minute made some ears with construction paper. I thought it would be good enough.....until I walked into the program. I couldn't believe what I saw. There was obviously a lot of hours put into these costumes. Elaborate costumes, you should of seen the sheep! (Which we will be next year so I guess I need to get started!) I sent him on his way and took my seat with the family. He walked out onto the stage and Owen turned to me and said "Mom, what exactly is he suppose to be?" I said "I really don't know!" He sang his heart out and did a great job and he never knew that he looked different from everyone else. Even though he didn't look as great as the other costumes I will say in my defense that it didn't take up all my time, I spent $3 on the whole thing and at the end of the night I was able to peel off the felt spots and he still had his sweatshirt to wear!
The whole crew. I will say it was a great program and very cute.
My manger animal. He is cow/goat/horse!
Thursday night was Connor's school program. I got a notice about two weeks ago saying that he needed to dressed as a manger animal. Great! I think once you become a Mom there is some unwritten code that you must be creative and of course try to do every other mother up. Well, I am not creative and hate stuff like this I even tried to convince Connor he didn't want to sing so I didn't have to deal with the whole costume thing. (Yes, mother of the year!) I finally got to work and made it simple. I used a gray hooded sweatshirt that had a logo on front, but we cut up an old t-shirt of Chris' to safety pin over the logo. I cut out spots from peel and stick felt and thought I did a pretty good job. I showed Connor the next day and said "Look! You're a cow!" He said " I want to be a horse!" I said "Look, you are a horse!" He seemed good with it. The only problem was I hadn't figured out the ears yet. I kind of last minute made some ears with construction paper. I thought it would be good enough.....until I walked into the program. I couldn't believe what I saw. There was obviously a lot of hours put into these costumes. Elaborate costumes, you should of seen the sheep! (Which we will be next year so I guess I need to get started!) I sent him on his way and took my seat with the family. He walked out onto the stage and Owen turned to me and said "Mom, what exactly is he suppose to be?" I said "I really don't know!" He sang his heart out and did a great job and he never knew that he looked different from everyone else. Even though he didn't look as great as the other costumes I will say in my defense that it didn't take up all my time, I spent $3 on the whole thing and at the end of the night I was able to peel off the felt spots and he still had his sweatshirt to wear!
The whole crew. I will say it was a great program and very cute.
My manger animal. He is cow/goat/horse!
2 comments:
Kristin, you made us laugh so hard! Wish we knew, I did make a cow costume once for Crystal and still have it, tail and all. - sorta gets passed along through the cousins.
Good job Kristin! That costume stuff would have annoyed me too. I am so glad that for John's Christmas pagaent he just has to wear a red or green shirt!
Post a Comment