Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday!

Dear Noah,
You are eight today and I can't believe it! Last night you climbed into bed with me and fell asleep right away. As I was laying there I started to think about how much you have grown this year. Yes, you have grown physically, but you have grown in a lot of other areas in your life. Academically you have been challenged in so many ways and you have had to work really hard. I have seen you work really hard on your attitude towards your school work and push through your frustrations. You have realized things won't always be easy, but it is important to do your best. Spiritually you have learned more and more about the importance of having a relationship with God. You have learned to depend on Him in times of challenges. In sports I have seen you be a leader on your teams and an encouragement to your teammates. You have become more confident in your ability and proven to be quite a great football and baseball player. At home I have seen you grow as an older brother. You have realized the importance of being a role model to your younger brothers. Noah, you have also become such a great helper at home. You no longer argue with me as much when I ask you do something and you are usually the first to offer to help. As I see you making these positive changes I can't even express to you how proud I am of you. This past year has not been easy for you and you have proven that you can handle the challenges. I am so excited to see you continue to grow and mature. I know we have so many more challenges ahead of us, but I believe in you. I believe that God has an amazing plan for your life. I often say you are my guinea pig because you are the first to go through each stage and each challenge. Since Dad and I haven't been through that stage or challenge we are trying our best to do what we think is best for you and often times we mess up and have to try a different approach. We are learning from you also and we are in this together! I am so proud to be your Mom! I love you so much! Happy 8th Birthday!

Love, Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Noah....I look at that "handsome" face of yours and can't imagine how fast you, my first "greatgrandson has grown up so fast. You are in my prayers each night, and I love you so much..... (even tho you are a "yankee fan"). Can't wait to see you swing that bat, as I cheer you on in a few weeks...Hugs and Kisses

Anonymous said...

Noah, Grammy is so very proud of the young man you are growing up to be. I think of all of our long walks and talks and they bring nothing but smiles and joy to me. As the years have gone by, I see how warm-hearted, loving, thoughtful and sensitive you have become, which are such strong qualities for a person to have. I look at you and your brothers everyday praying that you are safe and happy and that you are guided down the right path. (I love RUBBING your little arms and legs!!!!!) See you soon!!