Friday, January 7, 2011
The Ice Cream Shop Story
Ok, the long awaited ice cream shop story. Please do not judge me! Kyle was probably 2 months old at the time and a new ice cream store opened up by our house. The boys just got their report cards home so I decided to treat them to ice cream. I was filling very overwhelmed and tired that day. I felt as if I never had time to stop or slow down, there was always something to do. I was thinking about this on the way to get ice cream and feeling exhausted. I will tell you that I have never felt this kind of tired before in my life then right after Kyle was born. We got to the store and it was a yogurt place where you get your own ice cream and toppings. I was getting everyone's and helping everyone with their toppings, making sure Connor wasn't eating all the M&M's. I pay for the ice cream and then head outside to sit down and enjoy it with the kids. We are outside for about 3 minutes and one of the employees comes outside and says "Did someone leave a stroller inside?" I look up at him, look at my children and it all of a sudden registers!! I gasped and said "YES! With my baby in it!!" I was so embarrassed! Kyle was sound asleep and didn't notice. Everyone was looking at and giving me that look. Some mom's gave me the I understand look. I went back outside and wanted to cry. I texted my best friend and she asked me if I had any alcohol in the house! I was so upset, but at the same time I was able to laugh at myself later. I realized I must of been really tired, more tired then I thought! I also was concerned that none of the other boys noticed Kyle wasn't with us either. I now check and check again to make sure I have all of them with me, but I wouldn't put it past me that I might do it again to one of them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Judge you? I want to hug you...the amount that you do with 4 kids for them and with them amazes me! Don't ever think differently! You are fantastic! :)
You don't know how many times I am driving in the car and will look in the mirror to count and make sure all 4 are accounted for! I think there is something with four, especially if we are out with just me.
Absolutely NO judgments here! When Luke was around 2 months old, I forgot to buckle him into his carseat when we were coming home from my parents house. He somehow wiggled out of his infant seat and onto the floor of the car--behind my seat (as I was traveling 75 miles an hour down the highway). I had to pull over and he was literally lodged under the seat. I cried all the way home. But he doesn't remember and I just laugh at the memory now. We all have "those" days and you are an incredible mom!! :-)
Post a Comment