
We are going on day four of the blizzard of 2011. After several days of the news building it up and the grocery stores running out of food it finally arrived on Sunday night. Chris made fun of me, being from the north, that I was buying into all the hype and making sure I had everything I would need to be snowed in for a couple of days. I spent Saturday searching for some boots for Noah, since he was the only one who grew out of his boots from last year. I got some great snow pants for all the boys on clearance and there was no way we would be able to find a sled. Real snow was arriving in Atlanta and everyone was getting excited and prepared. Chris made fun of me, but he also admitted that I was right to buy into the hype once the storm did hit. By Monday morning we had 5 inches, the most we have had since I moved here! The kids were super excited and couldn't wait to get outside. They had fun playing in it and playing with the neighborhood kids. It was hard for all of us to go out and enjoy it since someone had to be with Kyle, but we got Kyle out for a little while, long enough to get a couple of pictures. The problem down here is that our county doesn't have one snowplow so here we sit waiting for it to melt. The roads are pretty much all ice and it is not getting above freezing until the weekend. The excitement and hype has worn off and we all have cabin fever. Rachel and I talk often during the day helping each other through the day of crazy couped up children. I am running out of ideas and patience. The week started off with me getting all excited to tell the kids they were off of school to me telling the kids with no excitement at all that they are off of school. We just all need a scenery change and I know now that we could not move back up north. I like our 50 degree sunny winter days! I will admit it has been fun at times and frustrating at others. Good memories for the kids, but I am ok if it doesn't snow again the rest of winter!
1 comment:
5 inches in Georgia, Wow! You had more snow than we did until yesterday's 24 inches dumped on us.
Post a Comment