
Christmas Eve is my favorite night of the whole year. I love our traditions and the excitement that comes with the day. We spend the day doing some last minute errands and cooking. We leave the house by 3:15 to head to church for my favorite service. It ends with candle lighting and the singing of Silent Night. Every year it brings tears to my eyes as all the candles are lit, I am surrounded by my favorite people and reflecting on what this season is all about. We head home after church to eat soup and chocolate fondue for dessert. Afterwards it is Polar Express time by the fire, cookies out for Santa and finally the reading of “The Night Before Christmas”. After they went to bed Chris and I got to work. We thought we were pretty well prepared until I started wrapping presents on the 23rd and realized I bought the wrong Buzz for Connor. We had to search and search, but we finally found a Target that still had one in stock. Chris went out and got it at 11:30 at night. Christmas Eve was all about final touches and then the putting together of the trampoline. Chris ran into some problems, but just as we were considering giving up we came up with a plan that made it work a lot easier and we were finished with everything by midnight. I still have a hard time sleeping the night before Christmas. I was always the first one up as a kid and it hasn’t changed yet. I get so excited about seeing my kids reaction to the presents and stockings. This year I was extremely excited about the trampoline. To say the least I had very little sleep that night and was up by 6am getting breakfast ready, but isn’t that what Christmas is all about! It is all about making this day special for my kids. Being tired is part of Christmas and being a mom. On another note I will have to say that this year I pretty much failed at taking pictures on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Below is an attempt at taking a picture of my kids before church. For some reason the older two that day developed the inability to smile normally. Who knows!


Chris and I before going to chruch!

Connor enjoying some fondue!

Cookies ready for Santa!

Owen waiting for Santa by the fire. Another successful Christmas Eve!
1 comment:
Dear Kristin and Chris....Brought tears to my eyes reading about such a wonderful and blessed family that I am a part of. Your boys will have so many happy memories looking back, seeing the pictures, and reading stories of the happy times in their lives, and thanking the lord for such great parents.
Post a Comment