Today Noah turned five! I laid in bed last night thinking about the past five years. In a way it seems like just yesterday he came into our life and in another way it feels like five years! As many of you know I love birthdays! I love my birthday and now I think I love my kids birthdays more. I love making a big deal about it and making a big deal about them. Noah has my love for birthdays, he could hardly go to sleep last night and woke up at 12am to tell me the balloon fairy had come (I will explain later) and then he woke up at 5:30am and said "Mommy, Daddy, and Owen, what do you have to say to me!"
I was thinking last night about how I could put down all my thoughts about my love for Noah and the fun he has brought to us over the past five years. I don't know if I could even begin. If you know Noah you know that he has a very unique personality. He can be very strong willed and he can be the sweetest boy all at the same time. The things that come out of his mouth amaze me daily. I would love to be in his head and hear all his thoughts. Noah's love language is quality time and just loves when the family is all together. If I had to sum up what I love about Noah it would be his passion he has for others and life. He generally just loves people, cares about them, wants to be around them. He will just randomly tell me, Chris, Owen, and Connor that he loves us. Along with his love for others I love all the many funny sayings and stories we will always have to share. I wish I could share them with you all but there are just too many, but for example when he went to bed tonight he looked at me and said "Mommy I don't want to be five. I want to stay four because I am not sure if I want to be big yet!" Noah we love you so much and our so proud of the boy you are growing into!






3 comments:
Happy Birthday Noah!!! We've only had the privilege of knowing Noah for the past year and a half, but he is one of the most amazing little boys I've ever known! His amazing sensitivity and the way he can carry on a conversation with any adult just floors me. He is passionate about whatever he's feeling, even if it's when he says, "my mommy will come in here and tell you that you're wrong!" Ha! Ha!!!
That was an emotional blog... I think I got teary. I so know how you feel - the 5 y.o. birthday is truly a milestone and makes your baby become a big kid!! Noah is an exceptional kid and I can so hear him making those funny statements to you. I too, LOVE birthdays and think that what you do for your kids and thier special days is sooo great. Thanks for sharing.
How could I not write a comment to say Happy Birthday to my future son-in-law. It's not just the grown-ups that think he is amazing, all of the kids around him know it too. Just last week Olivia carried the framed picture of Noah she keeps in her room into the living room and said, " I'm going to keep this in here today to remind me of Noah." In her mind he just makes everything better.
Post a Comment