Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Scavenger Hunt

We had our annual holiday scavenger hunt and again I am not sure why I call it a scavenger hunt since it really isn't one, but I can't think of another name for it. This year our stops were all about giving something to someone. It had fun making all the cookies and getting all the bags and trays ready and the boys had fun handing everything out. It was a great way to start the Christmas break.
When the boys woke up that morning I had a note taped to their door with instructions on what to do to get ready for the day. After they we were done we started the day with snowman pancakes. I didn't take pictures at all of our stops, but our first stop was the gas station I visit everyday for my daily diet coke fix. I have gotten to know the owner so we dropped off some goodies.  We then headed to the fire station to deliver cookies and cards that they had made that morning.

They were able to get a very cool tour and Kyles was fascinated. Next we headed to the Dollar Store.
At the Dollar Store they each had a name of one of their brothers and they had to pick out a gift for them and of course we had to pick up some Santa hats. Next stop was Publix's where they know me and my kids by name. Each kid had to pick someone to give a goody bag to and wish them a Merry Christmas. Kyle brought the bakery ladies a bag of goodies since we eat so many of their cookies.
Next was to our old neighbors to sneak a Starbucks card into their mailbox. Connor was our runner.
We then stopped at both bike shops to drop off a tray of cookies and finally I treated them to lunch out where they exchanged their gifts.
After lunch we headed up to the Holcomb's where the boys got to hang out with their cousins, watch a movie and eat pizza.
It was another successful scavenger hunt!

1 comment: