Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Day of 1st and 2nd Grade!

Today was the first day of school for my boys. They were up early excited about getting on the bus. We met their teachers on Tuesday. Noah has Mrs. Lang and Owen has Mrs. Hite. They were ready to go to school about a half an hour early, I am sure this will not last after a couple more days. Look how big they are getting!
Here they are at the bus stop with some of the neighborhood kids.
After a long day they are finally home and were happy! They are boys and didn't say much, but I got little bits of information through out the afternoon. I, of course cried when they got on the bus and when I got back home. I was trying to figure out why I cry each year, especially after a very trying couple of weeks at home with them. I think it has to do with a start of another year, another year of them getting older and the start of them not being here for five days out of the week. I enjoy breaks from my kids just like any other mom, but I do miss them when they are gone and at the beginning of each school year I have to readjust to them not being around anymore. With that being said, once they got home and unpacked I dealt with one behavior problem after another! It was not a very fun afternoon and this is another thing I hate that happens when school starts. They have been at school all day, being good, following rules and they are tired and they come home and I get the worst of them on some days. It was one of those days! They have been asleep for awhile and I need to go to bed also!! It has been a rollercoaster of emotions today for everyone in the house. Just think...we will have more adjustments to make in just a week!






2 comments:

David and Kate said...

Thanks for your honesty! We will be praying for you.

Diane said...

I totally hear you. It is like I was waiting for the first day (for one in particular!) because he needs the outlet away from home, but I hate a new school year. Like I told the boys...it is not a sad day (because I don't want them to think going to school isn't fun) it just reminds me how big and old you are getting.

It will take adjusting to the new one...not just because it is number four, but because it is a new baby being added to the mix. But, trust me you will get into a routine and things will get easier! It is just different and harder now then with our firsts because now we have getting ready for school to deal with also.

I will be thinking of you guys and praying for you. I'm here whenever you want to vent!! :)