Thursday, May 27, 2010

Championship Game

The spring baseball season ended not at all as we expected. Noah's team lost their first 4 games and it seemed like it was going to be one of those seasons...well all of a sudden they started to win! By the end of the season they were ranked 5th. As playoffs started I will admit that I didn't care if they won or not, I was ready for the season to be over. I know that sounds awful, but they are 7 and 8 year olds and it had been a long season. I was started to feel like we lived at the baseball field. Well, they beat the 4th place team in the first round and there next game would be against the number 1 team....the Astros! I didn't think we had a chance. They had crushed us twice and only had lost once the whole season. It was such a fun game and the Braves played amazing and we beat them!!! I think everyone was shocked! If you haven't been to one of these games you wouldn't believe how much everyone gets into them! It truly is a lot of fun to watch. So, the Braves headed into the championship game against the Cubs, the 2nd place team. I was nervous on game day (yes, I know that sounds weird, but if you haven't been part of this then I can't explain it). I bought Brave balloons to bring to the game and we all put on our Braves gear. Noah was pumped! We had our pre-game ritual of blasting Black Eyed Peas in the car on the way over and some other little good luck tricks that I promised Noah I wouldn't tell anyone about so I won't : )! Anyway, after a VERY exciting game they ended up losing. Noah was disappointed, but he still got a cool trophy and a very cool experience.

Pre-game line up and national anthem. Noah's name was announced and he got to run onto the field.

Noah after receiving his trophy and finally a family picture! Now the debate has begun if I will let them play in the fall. It is a lot of time and with a newborn I don't know if I can handle it, but it sure is a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will have to let them play in the fall...hey they enjoy this so much...maybe i will have to move in for the fall :)

Anonymous said...

I also think you will let them play in the fall. You're a softie and will give in. Mima, I think you just commited yourself in moving in.... It's too late, these little guys are adicted to baseball.

Anonymous said...

YEAAA Noah. That must have been some exciting game...Good going Braves....Noah....that was only a "practice" game...Next year.the CHAMPIONSHIP and you the MVP....