Nothing says Mother's Day then homemade cards from your kids. Yesterday was one of the best Mother's Day I have had in my 7 years of being a mom. There wasn't anything special planned, it was just a nice day. I had nursery duty so I slept until the absolute last minute I could and then we were off to church. After nursery I went to Sunday school while my husband ran an errand with my boys. When I walked out of class they were waiting for me with flowers that they each picked out for me. Once we got home I got ready to leave to do some shopping at IKEA and the boys stayed home. I am not someone who loves to be alone and I actually enjoy having them with me when I shopped, but I will tell you really enjoyed myself! I walked around got what I needed and then some! While I was gone my boys were all cleaning the house. I came home and unpacked and set up my stuff while Chris cleaned the house better then I have in a long time. It looked awesome and you know me...a clean house makes me VERY happy! We then headed to a new place for dinner and just enjoyed our time together. Again, it was not anything special, but just such a nice day. Chris did such a great job making sure I felt special by taking care of everything and thinking of the little things like helping them make these cards, getting me flowers, and cleaning the house. I just felt very appreciated yesterday! Thank you Chris for making it such a great day! Monday, May 10, 2010
Mother's Day!
Nothing says Mother's Day then homemade cards from your kids. Yesterday was one of the best Mother's Day I have had in my 7 years of being a mom. There wasn't anything special planned, it was just a nice day. I had nursery duty so I slept until the absolute last minute I could and then we were off to church. After nursery I went to Sunday school while my husband ran an errand with my boys. When I walked out of class they were waiting for me with flowers that they each picked out for me. Once we got home I got ready to leave to do some shopping at IKEA and the boys stayed home. I am not someone who loves to be alone and I actually enjoy having them with me when I shopped, but I will tell you really enjoyed myself! I walked around got what I needed and then some! While I was gone my boys were all cleaning the house. I came home and unpacked and set up my stuff while Chris cleaned the house better then I have in a long time. It looked awesome and you know me...a clean house makes me VERY happy! We then headed to a new place for dinner and just enjoyed our time together. Again, it was not anything special, but just such a nice day. Chris did such a great job making sure I felt special by taking care of everything and thinking of the little things like helping them make these cards, getting me flowers, and cleaning the house. I just felt very appreciated yesterday! Thank you Chris for making it such a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment