Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Celebration

Chris and I don't celebrate Valentine's day, we used to when we were dating and first married, but that was only because we felt the pressure to do something. Once we had kids we made the day about them and showing them how much we love them. I don't know how much longer my boys will let me make a big deal about the day, but I will take every year we get. In the morning they woke up to a bunch of hearts taped to the sunroom door with little messages and then breakfast of heart shaped french toast. After church they took me out to lunch and then that night I placed love notes on their plates and we had pizza and heart shaped cakes. We just hung out together that day and told each other why we love each other. We finished the day with some snuggle time in our room watching Charlie Brown's Valentine's. Nothing too exciting, but enough to hopefully make them feel special that day. My big thing as a parent is creating memories for my children and one way I like to do that is by creating traditions. This is our second year of celebrating this way! Here are some pictures.

1 comment:

Katy McGuffey said...

First of all, did you guys get new bedding?!!! I LOVE it! Second of all, you do not know how happy it makes me to see that blue/brown blanket in every other family picture. :) I'm glad you guys are getting some use out of it.