Thursday, May 21, 2009

Owen's Pre-K Graduation

Today was Owen's graduation and he was so proud of himself. During the whole time he sat there with his little shy smile on his face that he gets in situations like this. It cracks us up that he gets all quiet and shy. He was a little emotional yesterday and this morning about leaving pre-k, his friends and teachers, but this afternoon we are doing well and looking forward to summer. My kids tend to get emotional about changes and I have no idea who they get that from : )! Anyway, here are the pictures from the day.
Owen and Kathryn Anne have been together in school since they were a year and a half. Next year will be the first year they won't be in the same school. It was a great morning and afterward we treated him to Chick-fi-la for lunch where half of Sprayberry High School was eating. I couldn't believe how rude and loud most of the teenagers in there were being. I was thinking how much I don't want my kids to grow up and be like that and as I was thinking this Chris said, "Do you think we can afford Christian School?"Anyway, on the way home I said to Owen "I am so proud of you, you are such a good boy! Please don't grow up and forget who you are and how good you are." He said " Don't worry mom I won't ever act like those kids." I am going to hold him to that! Love you Owen!



































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

definitely hold owen to that statement:) ...ahhh yes, high school kids! i still remember after noah was born and you had gone uptown in ridgewood and came back in tears and you said i hope noah is never like those boys i just saw :) keep praying!!!!
chris & kristin keep up the good work you are doing as parents....it will pay off!

Anonymous said...

Owen, you bring tears to my eyes. You are so innocent in your own way. Always remember, listen to your parents, you may not always think they are right, but they will sure have a positive impact on your life. Noah, Owen and Connor, you are all good boys and am so very proud of your mom and dad for the parents they have become. Enjoy the summer and think of all the NEW friends you will make in kindergarten. I LOVE YOU!