Sunday, May 17, 2009

Connor, Connor, Connor

Connor is almost 18 months old and is successfully keeping our life very interesting. Let's just say I think it is God's way of letting us know we are done having children. He is very strong willed and very vocal about how he feels. He will scream and then hit anything in his way if he isn't getting his way. He does respond to time out though and will sit there and say he is sorry afterwards. He doesn't really like to socialize with others and gets very annoyed if people try to touch him or love on him. He doesn't act this way with Chris or I and gives us the best kisses and his brothers the biggest hugs, but if you are not in his family don't even think about coming close to him. On the other hand at home he is a happy kid. He is always talking in his own little language. He loves any kind of ball and will play basketball all day long. He loves his brothers and will yell for them if they are not around. He calls them brothers. He likes to be in the middle of the action with the boys and has picked up on their Star Wars play and will pretend to have a light saber or will try to build a Star War ship out of Lego's and fly it around. He doesn't know all of his body parts or what the different animals say and mostly because he has no interest and gets annoyed with me when I try. He isn't suppose to have his pacifier downstairs so he will disappear upstairs and just sit right by his crib with it in his mouth and then put it back and come back downstairs. He is always into something he isn't suppose to be and doesn't like it when we remove him from the situation. I guess what I am trying to say is that Connor is an interesting kid who can make me laugh and cry all in the same day and sometimes the same hour, but I love this kid to death and I love that he is different from my other two. Life would be boring if all my kids were the same. Here is some pictures of what I am talking about. Connor finds it more relaxing to eat like this. Don't worry we don't encourage this behavior and has been corrected of this. We can't keep him out of the refrigerator when there are grapes in there. He will open up the refrigerator and pick one off for himself. He will say grape, grape, grape! He likes to help us empty and load the dishwasher. We don't think it is very helpful.
Dirt is Connor's friend. The more the better and will sit and just cover himself in it.
Just being funny with Noah's sweatband from his fun run. He tends to crack himself up. He likes to help me do the laundry also. This is his latest discovery. We love this kid so much and love the excitement he brings to our life...well most of the time.

4 comments:

David and Kate said...

Oh my that picture of him in the dishwasher is incredible!!!!

Anonymous said...

Connor, get ready, I'm going to HUG,KISS,SQUEEZE and PINCH you!! I am so looking forward to taking you to the grocery store and letting you pick out your own bunch of grapes (green or purple??) Your passion for grapes is like Owen's passion for clementines; then off to the playground to play in the DIRT..... Connor, you truly are one of a kind and I miss you. I would love to see the faces on mommy and daddy at some of the stuff you pull.
I Love you, Grammy

Anonymous said...

Connor,Connor....You are the new generation of "DENNIS THE MENACE"I can't wait to see you in three weeks. Should I wear a suit of armour or bring a pair of boxing gloves with me???? No ..I will just bring you all my love, hugs and kisses....Great Gram

Anonymous said...

connor is a funny kid! gotta love him!