Friday, January 9, 2009

Trip Up North: Part Three Friends

One thing about going home is we get to see some very good friends. It is usually for just a short time but it is great to see each other, catch up and see how much our kids have grown.My best friend, Kerry, since the 8th grade drove down from NY to see me. We have such an unique relationship. We have remained so close even though we haven't lived near each other since high school. We talk almost everyday on the phone and really know everything about each other. We both have three kids and I hadn't met her youngest one Colin yet, so it was great to finally meet him. We see each other maybe once a year, but when we are together it is like we saw each other yesterday. In college we talked about how we were going to get married lived next to each other and have babies together. Well we had babies together, but just in different states! I really wished we lived closer! We did have dinner together and it was so great to see her. I feel very blessed to have such a great friend who I know will be in my life forever!

We also got to see the Ballards. Emily and I grew up together. Our parents are best friends so we spent a lot of time together as kids. Emily and I are a year apart and both the middle child. We were both the trouble makers growing up, but we have outgrown that (for the most part) and now are both moms of boys! They live in Colorado, but were also visiting home for Christmas and we had a good time catching up on New Years Eve. She has two boys Will, 4, and Jack, 14 months.

The Troast Family. Erin and Ron were our closest friends when we lived in NJ. Erin and I met when she was interviewing for a job at the school I taught at and we quickly became good friends. She ended up not teaching there but her and Ron moved around the block from us. We both didn't have kids at the time. We would hang out almost every weekend together. It was so comfortable and easy to be around them. They were the type of friends that we would go to each others house in our pj's and just hang out. After we moved to GA Erin got pregnant with twins and I was able to come up for a week to help her out after she had them. I wish we could see them more often and Chris and I miss them, but they are looking into moving to NC so at least we would be closer!
We spent New Years Day with my cousins. Jason, Katie and Andy and their son Judah who I hadn't met yet. My boys loved Jason and Andy and acted as if they see and hang out with them everyday. Again, it was great to see them and be able to catch up on all their happenings. With all the visiting we did my boys loved it! It was a great visit up north and it makes Chris and I miss living there!

1 comment:

eb said...

Yahoo, my debut on your blog! We all loved seeing you. Will talked about "his new friends" for days. Funny, I am wearing the same sweater you are wearing in the picture with Kerry. We have excellent taste! Hope its not too long before I see you again. -E