Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Great Week!

My boys had a whole week off of school. It was the first time experiencing a school vacation. I have to admit I was kind of dreading it, but it turned out to be a great week. I kind of took on the attitude that it was a vacation for me also. We didn't have to follow any schedules, have to worry about homework, making lunches...etc. It was great. We had fun playing games, watching movies, going for walks, reading lots and lots of books and just hanging out together. We also went to the aquarium for the day and had a picnic outside of the aquarium. We ended the week with a very quiet, but nice Thanksgiving. Grammie came on Friday and we celebrated Connor's birthday on Saturday night, but that is another post. Tomorrow they are back to school and we are back to schedules, school lunchs and homework. It makes me kind of sad, but I am looking forward to our two weeks off for Christmas.
Family movie night, a classic "Homeward Bound". I love how Connor is staring at the camera!

I love how exciting they get no matter how often we go to the aquarium!
I love the picture of Connor crawling away. It is so hard to get a picture of the three of them!
Cheered Aunt Rachel on while she ran a 1/2 marathon on Thanksgiving morning.


A hike on a beautiful Thanksgiving day! Where Connor enjoyed the bumpy trails.

This year we started a new tradition. Every night that we were eating together or most nights during the month of November we wrote one thing we were thankful on one of the turkey feathers and added it to our turkey. It was so fun to hear what the boys were thankful and to focus on all of our blessings for more than just Thanksgiving day.







1 comment:

David and Kate said...

Kristin you are such a creative mom. I love it! Be forewarned that I plan to steal many ideas from you. And I am extremely jealous of your amazing weather there in ATL. I can't wait to move back there some day!