Monday, September 29, 2008

Conversation with My Boys

Owen: "Mommy, how old do I need to be to get married?"
Mommy: "25"
Owen: "Mommy, we will always live in our house with you and Daddy?"
Mommy: "No! You will move out when you get older, about the time you get married"
Noah: "Mommy, I think it is scary to get married"
Mommy: "No, you will date first and you will be excited about getting married."
Noah: "What is dating?"
Mommy: "It is when you take a girl out for dinner, movie, ......"
Owen: "Oh! That sounds fun!"
Noah: "How old do we have to be to date?"
Mommy: "15"
Noah: "Daddy, were you scared to get married to Mommy?"
Daddy: "No!"
Noah: "Did you know that Owen and I can date when we are 15. That is when we go out to dinner."

Why are my five and four year old talking about dating and getting married?

2 comments:

Jack and Andrew said...

Very cute! Jack makes me laugh everyday like that. Thank goodness for little boys...

ablossom said...

that is fantastic and makes me want another boy! HOpe you are doing great!!