Saturday, September 13, 2008

First Soccer Games

Today was the beginning of what the next 15 or so years of my life will look like on Saturdays. Today was Noah and Owen's first soccer games. Noah played last year, but this was Owen's very first game. We literally spent all day on the fields. Noah had a game at 10:30am and Owen's game was at 1:30pm. If you have never seen a 4 or 5 year old soccer game you are missing out. It is quite amusing and the biggest accomplish sometimes is getting your child to just stay on the field during their 3 minute rotation. Actually both boys did really well and had a lot of fun. Owen is quite serious during the game and has this tough guy look on his face. Noah just runs around the field with a smile on his face not really caring that much if he gets the ball he just wants to make sure everyone is having a good time. Overall it was successful and we look forward to the next 8 weeks of games.
Chris coaches both teams this year!

Some sort of action shots. I didn't get any good ones, but I thought both of their faces were great in each of these.

Lunch break inbetween games and trying to stay cool in the shade.Ran into some friends at the field.


Here is our soon to be third soccer player. He loves watching the boys play, but I think by 3pm this afternoon when we left he was pretty much over the whole soccer thing!

5 comments:

Tatum said...

I was beginning to become a little concerned that I would never have another update on the Willis family. :) So glad that everything is going well. I need me some Willis time! I know you all are super busy, but let's see if when can plan something sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

AGH! i miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

WILLIS'S -- Looks like you have your own soccer team!!!! I want to know, does Connor ever have a bad day or does he smile on a bad day too??? You gotta love the tough guy look on Owen, but under that look is the sweetest, most loveable little guy. As for Noah, he will be Chris's assistant any day now. Chris, you look GREAT!! Where is a picture of "Soccer Mom"
Love you and see you all SOON.

Anonymous said...

Noah and Owen....You look like professional soccer players....Keep it up and I will be seeing you on T.V....as for Connor....with that beautiful smile, he can cheer on the side lines like his dad did in high school..hugs,and kisses to all.. Love U..XXXOOO

Katie said...

You've got to send me a copy of that picture! Too cute.