Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

He made it! I guess I should say I made it! When I woke him up this morning the first thing he said was "Am I late?" He got dresed and Chris made the boys some french toast for breakfast and everyone was excited. After breakfast we headed to the bus stop where there were 3 other kids waiting also. When the bus came he didn't even look back. I had to tell him to stop so I could take a picture. He didn't even say goodbye! I told him I would meet him at school and then we would see if I would walk him to his classroom. When I met him off the bus at school he hardly gave me the time of day. He almost walked right past me! He told me was fine and walked up the stairs and didn't even look back. I got home and cried! I know I should be happy he had such a easy transition, but I was still sad. This is the next stage and I wasn't sure I was ready! Owen, Connor and I had a good day, but I could tell Owen missed Noah. He kept on asking when he was going to be home. At 2:45 he got off the bus and headed straight to Owen. Him and Owen ran down the house together and played all night together. At one point they were laughing so hard they could hardly breathe. They were actually a little out of control tonight, but it made me happy to see how much they missed each other. So, today was successful!


Last night we had a back to school party and they each got new shirts to wear. We also had a cake that I made. It was a fun way to celebrate the beginning of school.Getting on the bus this morning!


Walking into school!

Getting off at the end of the day! I have a lot more pictures to share so I will post them another day! Thanks for all that called to check in on him and on me : )!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Yep. I am going to be "that" mom next year when Olivia goes. I just can't believe that they are this big!!

Anonymous said...

Noah, you are quite the "STORM TROOPER" the way you marched right onto that bus and into school. We are very proud of you!!! Love your shirt!!! When I talked to you last night you were so excited that you didn't know what to talk about first. I loved hearing about your library time, recess and your bus driver's name. I love you so much and am so looking forward to getting you off to school in two weeks. Owen and Connor, we have a date to PLAY.......Mom & Dad, you did GREAT job in preparing Noah for this special day.
LOVE YOU ALL AND SEE YOU SOON!!

Unknown said...

good job kristin! i think maddox will be similar to noah with the independent attitude. i was nervous to leave him for an hour at the Y yesterday and he didn't look back, like you said about noah. i need to start preparing for the kindergarten day now! (sniff) i'm proud of you and excited that you are able to stay home now.