Yesterday was our anniversary and we had already gone out together on Sunday night alone, thanks to our
awesome friends. So, last night we celebrated family style. We all got dressed up, well sort of. The boys put on a shirt and tie and I put on my wedding dress! We ate hamburgers (so fancy) and then after dinner we got them all bathed and we sat on our bed and watched our wedding video. The boys thought it was fun and it was fun for Chris and I to celebrate with our kids. Also, who doesn't love an excuse to put on their wedding dress! I will warn you that Owen is wearing a tie with his batman suit. You see he HATES getting dressed up. When he has to wear something nice we need to mentally prepare him for it. We tell him the night before church that he will have to wear "church clothes" and he has come to accept that, but don't ask him to do it any other time. He was in a bad mood to begin with so we made a compromise. He could wear his batman suit if he wore a tie! Also, Chris is great about telling me I look good, actually he says "You look sexy!" When I got my wedding dress on I walked out of our room and Noah said "Mommy, you look sexy!"
Enjoying our "fancy wedding dinner"!

Our wedding picture : )!


Watching our wedding video!
The evening was fun, but of course it was crazy at times. Owen was in a bad mood and Connor was fussy the whole time. It wasn't perfect and it didn't go all according to how I pictured it, but isn't that what marriage is about. It is not always perfect, it doesn't always turn out the way you pictured it, but it is great. It is not about it being perfect and romantic it is about doing life together and that is why Chris and I fall more and more in love with each other every year because we love doing life together. The good, the bad and the ugly and I love our imperfect life!
No comments:
Post a Comment