Tuesday, January 8, 2008
The Simple Things
When you have kids everyday tasks become a lot bigger. Take for example going to the grocery store. Right now I am out of milk, no big deal right, just stop at the grocery store and pick some up. If it was that easy! Today Noah and Owen were suppose to be at school in the morning which would have left me with just Connor and some freedom to get some of those errands done. I was looking forward to only putting one kid in the car and actually not having to say 20 times "Stop touching that! Please stay near me! Don't hit your brother! You are going to hurt yourself!" while I am in the store. Well, they didn't go to school because Owen decided that playing in his room at 4am and never going back to sleep would be fun. So, instead I have to find Owen's socks because he likes to take them off and hide them in the house, put their shoes on, buckle them in their car seats ,after we play the game of hide from mommy in the back seat which they find very funny, I do not! All of this just to get a simple gallon of milk. This is why I can't stand when I forget something at the store or we run out of something before I am suppose to go back to do my big shopping. There is no such thing any more of just running out for a quick errands when you have children. I love being a mom, everyday presents its own challenges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes! I guess that is what we have to look forward to.
Thanks for blogging!
Kate
I can totally relate! Every time I leave the house I have to preplan in my head how exactly we're going to do it. DO I need a stroller? Am I going to use two carts so they can each sit comfortably or am I going to scrunch them into one! Do I need a diaper bag... The list goes on:)
I look forward to reading more of your blog!
Erin
Post a Comment