Dear Owen,
Wow! Double digits! That's a big deal! In one way you are still my sweet, cuddly little boy, but at the same time you are becoming this young man (with a pre-teen attitude at times). You have taken the many changes we have had over the past year in stride. You left a school that you loved, entered a school that you did not like at all, moved to a new house, started another new school and finally tomorrow you start homeschooling. You had to navigate some bullying and realizing that people can be mean even if you don't do anything to make them be mean. You have taken some steps this year to become more of own person and not just go with everyone else is doing or thinks is cool. Dad and I are very proud of how you are handling the start of these difficult years. You are learning to stand up for yourself which is a big deal for you as you never want to make anyone upset. One of the struggles we are still working through is your love/hate relationship you have with Noah. There is some competitiveness that is going on between you two which is normal, but at times you both can be just down right mean to each other. I think once you realize you are two different people with two different strengths you both can appreiciate each other a lot more. You are a great big brother to Connor and Kyle and such a good role model. You are still a bit clumsy and aloof at times, but that is what makes you Owen! I love you so much and I am so glad I get to be your mom! Happy 10th Birthday!
You spent last night with Dad in Athens so when you got home you got your birthday balloons. I then got to take you out to lunch for some one on one time.
You choose crackers and chicken for your dinner and of course it was all done up with Bulldog stuff.You wanted to make your own cake so for the most part you did, but I did help you a little. Not bad for your first cake.
The neighbors came over for some cake and football fun in the backyard. Your big gift this year was a guitar that you got a month earlier. You start lessons next week and are super excited. We love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment