Sunday, July 6, 2014

Hilton Head Family Vacation

Got back from a week at the beach at Hilton Head. I have decided that I am happier if I am near water! I loved the sticky, salty air and how it felt on my skin and I loved my beach hair (basically I just never did it). I left on Saturday morning with Noah, Owen and Kyle. Chris came on Sunday after baseball. Connor was in the district tournament  and we wanted him to stay for as long as he could. Everyone was super excited about the beach! Road trips are much better when you stop for candy!
 We finally got to meet Natalie and what a cutie! She is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen!
 We stayed in Sea Pines and our house was about a five minute walk to the beach so we loaded up the beach carts everyday and headed out for a day on the beach. This year we played a ton in the ocean, even I got in and rediscovered how much I love the ocean. Boogie boarding was at it's best!

















The kids played so hard everyday. In the ocean, playing in the sand, hunting for crabs and playing baseball on the beach. When the tide goes out it makes these awesome little pools and the kids can just float around. Hilton Head is also an awesome place to bike and we got to do lots of that each day.
One morning a whole bunch of us went around Sea Pines and went to this bridge where we saw a bunch of turtles and some pretty nasty crocodiles. Another morning Chris and I took the boys out on the beach for a bike ride.




At night we kind of would all crash, but one night we headed down to the lighthouse to see a performer that has been performer for years for kids.

One afternoon we gave Noah and Owen a mission to go bike down to the lighthouse, climb to the top of the lighthouse and take 10 selfies. They did it and had a blast together enjoying their independence. They even had a biking issue that they got taken care of by themselves. I gave them money for the lighthouse and to get a drink, but they used the rest of there money to buy Mima and Papa a thank you present for the week at the beach. I was so proud of them for being so thoughtful.

 
Of course we also had family picture night that almost didn't happen because of some nasty thunderstorms rolling in, but we ended up getting some good shots and some fun ones while waiting before hand.







Our last day and night there was the 4th of July. It was packed everywhere! We heard the place to be was on the golf course by the lighthouse to see the fireworks. We also heard it is so crazy there and impossible to get in and out. We ended up talking to some locals that gave us the best advice and we were able to get in and out of the chaos with no problems. It was the most beautiful setting I have ever been for fireworks. It was a great way to end the week.


 
Now's it back to just to a regular summer of hot and humid days. Noah and Owen left with Mima and Papa to spend a week and half in NJ. It's just Chris and I with the little ones for the next week and half.
 

No comments: