Saturday, February 8, 2014

Mom! Stop Embarrassing Me!

We had a family Valentine dance at their school last night. The boys were super excited. When the boys first heard about the dance they asked me if they could ask a girl to the dance. I told them no since it was a family dance and I saw no reason to ask a girl.They didn't fight me on this decision and the night of the dance everyone got dressed and was ready to hit the dance floor! We got there and they had a photo booth set up so I told the boys I wanted to do that first and then we would move onto the dance. As soon as we got in line Noah made it very clear he did not want to be part of this at all! We pretty much just ignored his request to not be part of the pictures and when it was our turn we all grabbed some props to put on, but Noah refused. We headed into the photo booth and as you can see from the picture below he wasn't having anything to do with this family fun! When the pictures printed off it cracked me up, it was like we were torturing him. This was only the start of the night, it got even better! 

We headed to the gym for the dance and when we walked in I was just standing there and Noah was standing next to me. He then turned to me and said "I am going to wait in the car! You are so embarrassing!" What?!?! I was literally standing there, trust me I could of embarrassed him if I wanted. I caught him heading outside and made him come back in. I told him to go find his friends and I would make sure to not stand near him anymore. He came back in and literally stood by me the whole night begging to leave.He never went to find his friends.  We finally left and once we got home I sad down and talked with him about what was going on. After a lot of talking It came out that he was feeling uncomfortable there and left out because all his friends had dates. They didn't ask him to hang out and he felt like he really didn't have any friends and because he was feeling insecure he lashed out at me. It is hard being the new kid and not knowing where you belong! I felt really bad for him and we talked through it for awhile. In the end he went to bed happy and I now have this awesome picture to remember this night! 

No comments: