We have had the most bizarre weather this winter. It has been extremely cold here and just miserable. Not your usual Georgia winter. This past weekend we had beautiful weather and everyone was in such a better mood. It is amazing how quickly things change. Monday was beautiful and then Tuesday came! The temperatures dropped and then the craziness began....SNOW!!! It started to snow around 11:00am and the kids were sent home early from school. It all of sudden started to really snow and I am not kidding when I say the city shut down. We don't have many plows here and we don't pre treat roads so when the snow feel it froze to the roads. Along with the roads and highways being frozen everyone was trying to get home at the same time from school and work. It literally caused a traffic nightmare. We were lucky enough to all be home and we just watched the news and checked facebook to here such horrific stories. Buses getting stuck and taking hours (like six plus hours) to get kids home. Kids not being able to get home so they had to sleep at school. People being stuck on the roads for 12 plus hours trying to get home. People just leaving their cars on the side of the road and walking home. It was crazy to watch and hear. Lucky for us we were all good here and the kids got to enjoy the snow. We have been off of school since Tuesday afternoon because we aren't equipped to treat the roads so many of the roads were still iced over. Today is in the 50's and the weekend is suppose to be beautiful. I hope this is the last of any kind of winter weather for us, it was fun for a couple of day, but I am ready for a Georgia winter. I am also ready for the kids to go back to school!!
I love how the kids found any little hill to sled down and they thought it was the best. The next day we did head over to their elementary school for more real sledding and the neighbors took them to a park to do some more.
What is it about being snowed in and eating! I baked and made bad food for us the whole time. It was a good family bonding time, but by Monday I am sure I will be more than ready to get back to a normal schedule!
No comments:
Post a Comment