We got more snow! I was NOT excited about this snow storm at all. The news was using worlds like catastrophic and biblical when describing how bad it would be. So on Monday I hit the store super early and loaded up on all the comfort food I could think of, hit the library for lots of movies. They cancelled school for Tuesday and on Tuesday morning it started to snow, but it was really wet and not sticking. I knew Tuesday would be one of the only days we could get out so we did. Out to lunch and then Catch Air to meet Rachel and we were the only ones there, so for two hours the kids had the place to themselves and got to run around like crazy. That evening it started to get a little worse and they were talking about power outages from all the ice. Wednesday was mainly ice and sleet, not the most fun to play but they managed to get outside and have fun and I even got out for a snowy run. Chris was out of town but managed to get home late Wednesday night which I was very happy about and by Thursday morning we woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland. The Holcomb's managed to get over to our house and we headed to the elementary school for some sledding. By Thursday afternoon a lot of it already melted. They were off of school for the whole week, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Everyday they kept themselves busy playing outside or games inside. There was even some intense snowball fights in the neighborhood at night. Most of our evenings were filled with watching the Olympics until everyone feel asleep. We also had today off for President's Day so it has been a week since we have been back to school. I think tomorrow will be a little rough especially since we have all been sleeping in! Oh one more thing the storm was not catastrophic or biblical, but the news did a good job of scary us!
No comments:
Post a Comment