Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What?!? No School!

19 Days! Yup you heard me right...19 Days we have been off of school. That is like 3 weeks! We have always had a long winter break and pretty much right after New Years Day it just feels that much longer. All the holiday excitement is gone and everyone is ready to get back to a schedule. This year I have to say we were doing pretty well until about yesterday. That's ok because we were heading back to school today. We had kept busy between the skate park, going to the YMCA, sleepovers (which one sleepover was four of the neighbor boys all at our house, yup that was interesting) and just hanging out enjoying all our fun Christmas gifts. The weather was crazy, rain, flooding, warm and then freezing cold (like 4 with a windchill of -15, which was a new record). Anyway, the last day of vacation was here and I was officially ready for them to head back to school. Everyone was getting on each other nerves and I was running out of patience and ways to keep them from killing each other. I was making them all lunch when I got the call....School was cancelled for tomorrow!! What?!?! NO!!! Why was school cancel you ask? Well, here is the south we don't know how to handle really cold weather so between the buses not being able to run and a slew of other reasons they decided to cancel school. The only plus side was that the BCS championship game was on last night and Noah wanted to stay up for the whole thing which he now could do. So, no school again today, but we made it through and tomorrow they are heading back! This afternoon I made "snow" for Kyle out of corn starch and shaving cream. Little did I know what a hit it would be for everyone. They entertained themselves for about an hour. They all had fun and I can tell you I had "snow" pretty much all over my kitchen. It was worth the hour of no fighting or complaining. All kidding aside it was good break, but it is time to get back into a routine. 




No comments: